Multiple NEO

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Similer

Multiple NEO

Post by Similer »

I have one NEO set up doing exactly what I want it to do using a 16x16x1 patch. I wanted to add a second NEO for a second universe that is controlling another 16x16 matrix. I want the two different universes to run separate M2L effects at the same time but I can't seem to wrap my head around how to do this. Would I set up a 16x16x2 patch and map each universe to the correct "layer"? When I do that and go back into Madrix it looks like a 32x16 patch that has to run just one M2L effect.

I am using 12 generic RGB pixels on my first patch (the 16x16 is just the field size), I want my second NEO to run an actual 16x16 RGBW panel each pixel is individually addressable.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Multiple NEO

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

Instead of assigning a universe to a layer, you would map the layer to a certain area. Which fixtures and how they are addressed is then defined by the patch.

In order to assign two different effects to two different matrices, you would map two layers to the two different areas.

Please check out this tutorial that describes it:
http://help.madrix.com/tutorials/html/h ... mappi.html

Thanks!