Preview and DMX Output window error

This forum is assigned for bug reporting. Be as much accurate as you are possible.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

steve@eoslightmedia

Preview and DMX Output window error

Post by steve@eoslightmedia »

Last night I had an issue with Madrix on an architectural installation.

I had chosen a solid colour (255,100,0) over a 5 universe installation. The preview window confirmed my parameters. However, the resulting show had errors in universes 1 and 3.

Further trouble shooting showed that what Madrix was outputting was not what was seen in preview windows.
In the DMX watcher window, universe 1 was outputting (0,255,255,100,0,255,100,0...) The first two channels were out of sync and the rest followed afterwards. This was consistent with the actual light output.
As well, in the DMX watcher window, universe 3 was outputting (0,0,0,0,0...). This was consistent with the actual light output as well.

I would like to discuss this issue further as we are currently using several similar Madrix installations on remote sites as part of this project.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Preview and DMX Output window error

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Steve,

Thanks for letting us know!

Can you please send us:
- the MADRIX Setup File
- the MADRIX Logfile for this install
- The MADRIX Fixture Library you are using for this Patch?

Please send us the files since it will help tremendously in finding out what is going on.

Thank you very much!
steve@eoslightmedia

Post by steve@eoslightmedia »

Thanks for following up with this issue. Can you please contact me via email. So I can send the client file over securely.

Thanks again.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

We have found this to be correct behavior by MADRIX, due to the configuration of the Patch. Advise on what to change has been sent via e-mail.

Thank you!