Big Xs on previews when key not present

Irwin

Big Xs on previews when key not present

Post by Irwin »

Hello!

I am in the process or ordering my upgrade to Madrix 5, and have started playing around with the new software before my new key arrives. But when a key is not present, the big Xs on the preview windows make it nearly impossible to try anything! Also, it will be hard to do any programming at a separate location (such as home) without the key.

Could you please reconsider this, and make it work like Madrix 3?

Thank you for your consideration!
Irwin
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Big Xs on previews when key not present

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Irwin,

We'll let the team know your feedback.
Thank you very much!
mystismile

Post by mystismile »

Hi Fritzsche,

I agree with Irwin, it is almost impossible to see what we program without a dongle!
The reality on the ground is that often the license dongle is already used when preparing the next project.
Moreover with the complete desactivation of Artnet in demo mode it is not possible to use a Wysiwyg or Capture visualization software. Following this it is also no longer possible to test his system without licence, which is again not very practical for the realization of projects.

This could be filled by:

- A visualization driver for Wysiwyg (in the same style as MA or HOG)
- Partial activation of ArtNet and other protocols in demo mode (as in previous versions). This mode "Demo +" could be limited to registered people ...
- Partial activation of programming previews for powers to create effects without a dongle. these insights could simply be in low resolution.

I sincerely hope that these few tracks will guide you to a little more opening on Madrix 5 and allow us to achieve, without much restraint, always more beautiful and ever larger projects.

Best Regard
Antoine
Willy

Post by Willy »

Hello !

First of all, congratulation for the great job you did on release 5. As a lighting operator, i am happy to have such a powerful software in my toolbox.

according to Irwin and Antoine, the restriction when you don't have any dongle attached is embarrassing for "offline" programming. I can't often have the dongle in the pre-production time :(
I prefer the solution you did on Madrix 3.

Thank you for your understanding !

Best Regards

Willy
Prism

Post by Prism »

I totally agree as we were just discussing this the other day. It is very difficult to train or show anyone without having to put the key in. I understand the outputs not working without the key, but not having a visual of what you are doing makes no sense to me. If this was the case when I found the demo of Madrix 3, this would have made a huge difference on choosing a software program if I could not try it out first. Please reconsider this option on the next update.

Thanks
Irwin

Post by Irwin »

It sounds like this issue might be solved in the upcoming version 5.1, with something called a "preprogrammer" license. I'm not sure exactly what that is, but I'm hoping for a good solution!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

With MADRIX 5.5, the price for the preprogrammer license has been reduced to 20% of the original price.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)