.mmrx error when restarting computer

Kaleb

.mmrx error when restarting computer

Post by Kaleb »

Hello,
I have this recurring issue where whenever I restart my computer and open Madrix the .mmrx file that was loaded before is no longer loaded. This isn't a huge problem as I just need to go back to the midi page and re-upload the the needed .mmrx file, but it's very inconvenient and causes alot of issues if I'm not on site to fix the issue if anyone else is trying to use the program. It makes Madrix not work at all unless I, or someone who knows this bug, can fix it every time it happens (which is frequently). Is there a way to get the .mmrx to stay loaded and not require re-uploading every time the computer is restarted? Perhaps by including that file as an option for a 'default program' load? This would solve my #1 bug with Madrix.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: .mmrx error when restarting computer

Post by Schulze »

Hi Kaleb,

Was the MIDI configuration changed before restarting? Which MADRIX version do you use? You can find out the current MADRIX software version via "Help" > "About...".

Please note:
The MADRIX 5 Setup file does not include the external MIDI Remote Configuration file, but will store the directory and a reference link in order to reload it when the Setup is loaded again.
Kaleb

Post by Kaleb »

Hi Schulze,
Thanks for your help here. I'm using Madrix Version 5.2.0.30.

The .mmrx file isn't changed before restarting, it just frequently ends up defaulting to something other than the desired MIDI Remote Configuration file upon a computer restart which makes the software non-functional for my purposes until I re-load the correct .mmrx file. I know it does store the directory so when I go to fix the issue all I have to do is click the correct file and load it.

Is there a way to assure the loaded .mmrx file stays loaded like the Madrix Startup file? Otherwise I have to add a bug fix process where a tech loads (or assures it's already loaded) the correct .mmrx file everytime a computer restarts to assure functionality.

Is there any reason that .mmrx file couldn't be included as a default load in the Madrix Setup file? Would solve a major bug and increase reliability for all my field techs.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Kaleb,

Can you please tell us how many MIDI devices are connected to the MADRIX PC?
Do you connect the desired MIDI device after the start of MADRIX?

Furthermore we are interested in some of your files to analyze the issue more in deep. Please send the files via E-Mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com. We are in need of the used MADRIX setup, the MADRIX logfile, the MIDI Remote configuration (.mmrx file) and a screenshot of the MIDI tab of the MADRIX 5 Device Manager.

To save the Setup go to "File > Save Setup as..." and enter a name.
Please go in MADRIX to "Tools > Logfile", click the button "Save As..." and enter a name for the Logfile.

By the way the way you are don't using the latest release of MADRIX 5. Please update your MADRIX software to the latest version. Under the following link you can download it:
https://www.madrix.com/download/MADRIX_Full_Install.exe
Kaleb

Post by Kaleb »

Hi Schulze,
Thanks for your help on this. I'm now using Madrix 5.3b but the issue has persisted across all updates thus far. I do not connect the midi devices after the start of Madrix- I use a standard setup that doesn't change, this issue just randomly occurs where on a a computer restart (or even occasionally on just a Madrix restart) the .mmrx file sources to a completely random .mmrx mapping so nothing functions until the .mmrx file is re-loaded. I've even seen it load in the remote editor with the proper file title in the Device Manager but the actually commands in the remote editor being a random list, requiring a re-load of the actual .mmrx file which resolves the issue.

It's not hard to fix (simply reload the .mmrx file) but it does mean it sporadically doesn't work and this fix is needed to get our system functioning. It's like the setup file loses its .mmrx directory or something.

I've sent an email with the requested files- though the log file wasn't saved during an occurance of the issue. I can wait till it recurrs and re-send that if helpful.

Let me know your thoughts! Thanks