Help on easier DMX channeling when importing CSV

paulvin

Help on easier DMX channeling when importing CSV

Post by paulvin »

I have been tasked on creating something similar below (just a sample) on patch editor.
I made this using a CAD program by just dividing points on a line and importing the CSV.

Unfortunately upon importing the said CSV file the LEDS on the line are not sequential as seen below. I still need to individually change the DMX channels on every LED. This is not a problem when im dealing with a few LEDS but i have to do at least 15,000 of them and addressing the channel of every single one of them is very time consuming.

Is there an "automatic sequential Address" on selected fixtures in madrix?
Is there another technique i have missed that might actually make this easier?
is there another Program/Application that i can use to export better CSV files that can do 3 degree rotations on LED fixtures?

Thank You for your help!
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Help on easier DMX channeling when importing CSV

Post by Guertler »

Hello paulvin,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

When you import a fixture list of DMX fixtures in MADRIX, MADRIX will need the DMX address assignment. If there is no DMX address column set in the import settings, MADRIX will assign the DMX address automatically.

In your case it means you will need to add the DMX addresses for every entry in the CSV file. If your CAD program can't export the DMX start channel and universe, you can easily modify the CSV file with a spreadsheet software tool. Now you can add the DMX addressing for every line. After you have add the DMX addressing in the CSV file you can assign it in MADRIX and the imported fixtrues will have the correct DMX address.
paulvin

Post by paulvin »

Guertler wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 pm In your case it means you will need to add the DMX addresses for every entry in the CSV file.
I understand that i can edit the dmx address in a spreadsheet editing software but i still need to trace the X and Y positions of the fixtures individually and add a DMX address.

Can another third party software do this faster? what do you recommend?
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello paulvin,

There are some 3D Visualizer tools on the market. With the help of this tools you can create and design your desired Venue including all lighting fixtures with DMX addressing and so on. Furthermore this tools can export the project as CSV file with the necessary information (DMX start channel and DMX universe) to import it in MADRIX.