"Remote-Feedback"

Pauly

"Remote-Feedback"

Post by Pauly »

Hej Folks,

I think this hasn´t been asked before but please correct me if I´m wrong.
This summer I will be working as lighting operator for an Opera produktion where an ETC EOS System and Madrix will be used to control the lighting.
The idea is to have as much integration as possible. Therefore we´ll have some kind of "DMX-Thru" from EOS to Madrix to have direct EOS-access for parts of the setup that will be Madrix-controled via an 8-Port-Luna plus an ArtNet-Remote to control Madrix surface as soon as some content will be built. I´m pretty shure I´ll be able to make this work but what I would like to add is the possibility to "mirror" the ArtNet-remote back to the EOS-fixture.
I hope I can make myself clear:
Last week I have seen something similar with EOS and Arkaos in a theater in Vienna. During shows they control everything from the lighting desk so they are programming as much as possible in the EOS cue-lists. So they have the Arkaos as fixture in the EOS patch on a per layer basis to remote-control Arkaos but what they also do is making changes done in Arkaos giving those values to the EOS fixture as well.
I know how to make incoming sACN-values control parameters of the fixture in EOS but I´m not shure how to make Madrix send sACN values not only for the output to the lights but for it´s own surface as well. I´m hoping for something like patching the same remote-device as on the DMX-In for the output as well.
Is this possible in Madrix?
Or is there another way to achive this kind of bidirectional-remote?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Paule
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: "Remote-Feedback"

Post by Guertler »

Hello Pauly,
Welcome to the MADRIX forum.

When you want to control MADRIX remotely, you will need to enable the DMX Input in MADRIX and add MADRIX as a fixture in the used ETC EOS console. Under the following link you can learn more about the DMX Remote Control of MADRIX:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/i ... l_dmx.html

If you want to send the "status" of MADRIX back to the EOS via DMX, Art-Net or sACN, you will need to create macro in MADRIX. Of course we can help you to create such a macro.If you need help to create such a macro, please send us an e-mail to info[at]madrix[dot]com.

In general you have to send the DMX data of the "status" on another DMX universe back to the EOS console and the console has to interprete this channels. So you have to add an additinal universe in MADRIX and assign it to a desired not used universe. In the macro you have to define which information you are in need to sending back to the console. In an easy way you are able to send up to 12 DMX channels back. Because you could send this information via macro to the "DMX Fader Tool" and the "DMX Fader Tool" will be assigned to the additinal universe.
Pauly

Re: "Remote-Feedback"

Post by Pauly »

Thanks a lot!
I´ll take a look at macros in Madrix for a start and will contact you via e-mail as soon as I know how far my understanding will be on my own and from where on I´ll need your support.

I think I´m perfectly fine with the EOS-to-Madrix remote part as I did that before and it worked perfectly fine with the library fixture in EOS and the "remote-preset" in Madrix 3.
I´m optimistic that it will work well in Madrix 5 as well.

Cheers Paule