How can I get Madrix to run again without rebooting?

Phedg1

How can I get Madrix to run again without rebooting?

Post by Phedg1 »

Hi Madrix,
I have been experiencing a frustrating issue lately. I am experimenting with Madrix Http Remove Control. If I open or edit the index.html file in the MADRIX5/public_html/ folder without remembering to first close the remote server, the Madrix window will immediately close. However, instead of just crashing like I am used to, instead I get no error messages. Attempting to launch Madrix again does nothing. I cannot see that it is running at all, but it will not launch. The only remedy I have been able to discover is to restart my computer. Is there any way I can fully close Madrix, through task manager or any other means, such that I can launch it again without having to do a reboot?

I have also found that sometimes Madrix will not launch at other times, though I have not been able to pinpoint the circumstances. I suspect the issue is similar though and a solution would be wonderful.

I am running Madrix on Windows 10.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: How can I get Madrix to run again without rebooting?

Post by Schulze »

Hi Phedg1,

Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. Which MADRIX version are you using?

Being said we sometimes do the exact same thing: Using MADRIX 5 (with the webserver running) and also editing the index.html at the same time. I would also like to add that it is never a good idea to change files, while they are being used by another software.
I cannot see that it is running at all, but it will not launch.
- Did you check the Windows Task Manager if the MADRIX.exe still running? I assume you did that.

Could you please provide information as much as possible so we are able to further analyze the issues? Please also send us the used index.html to info[at]madrix[dot]com.

Thanks in advance!
Phedg1

Re: How can I get Madrix to run again without rebooting?

Post by Phedg1 »

Hi Schulze,
Yes, I did check that MADRIX.exe was no longer running in task manager. Using resource monitor I also searched for any process using a handle with madrix in the path. There weren't any.

The code in my script was not anything fancy, I was just trying some basic examples. I'll include it here as you can probably see that it is fine easily.

Code: Select all

<html>
<body>
    current master is $$$GetMaster$$$
    <br>
    <a href="/index.html?SetMaster=10">set master to 10</a>
    <br>
    <a href="/index.html?SetMaster=50">set master to 50</a>
</body>
</html>
Running index.html didn't cause any issues, it was only when I was accessing a file that Madrix was clearly using. I know it's best to avoid that, but as you have stated, many of us make that mistake from time to time.

I am using Madrix 5.3.2.30. My windows version is Windows 10 version 2004.

I tried uninstalling Madrix and doing a clean install. The issue didn't occur at first, but it has just happened again. This time, when I went to start Madrix, I got a popup saying something about Madrix failing to start correctly. I clicked the "retry" button but it didn't open. Once again it isn't "running", but I cannot open it. Because this just happened, is there a log of some kind I can locate and provide for you?