MA2 onPC + Madrix 5.4 via sACN on 1 PC

Galo77

MA2 onPC + Madrix 5.4 via sACN on 1 PC

Post by Galo77 »

Hello all,

Is it possible to connect MA2 onPC + Madrix 5.4 via sACN on 1 PC ?

Thanks in advance
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: MA2 onPC + Madrix 5.4 via sACN on 1 PC

Post by Guertler »

Hello Galo77,

Welcome to the MADRIX Forum.

It will be no problem to connect MADRIX and a desired lighting controller via sACN at one and the same PC. If you want to control MADRIX remotely via sACN at the same PC, please make sure MADRIX will be started first.
Galo77

Post by Galo77 »

Thanks for your reply.

Still no luck connecting Madrix and MA2 on 1 PC, no problem using 2 PC's.

I patched 1.1 to 1.24 dim ch and madrix 6ch at 1.25
I can see values on madrix dmx watcher while running FX's but nothing on MA univ 1.
I can control madrix fixture from MA but Madrix doesn't seem to reach MA. I tried static IP and nothing. I changed to 127.0.0.1 and managed to get univ 1 displaying ACN but still no output.

I attached some screenshots

Any ideas? Many thanks
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Galo77,

When you are using MADRIX and the MA2 onPC at one and the same PC, you will be able to send and receive the sACN data only at one (the first started) software. The second started software will be able to send the data only.

That means if you are starting the MADRIX software first, it is possible to recieve sACN data from the MA2 onPC software and send sACN data. But the MA2 onPC software is only able to send sACN data. If you start the MA2 onPc software first and MADRIX as second one, MADRIX will be bale to send data to the MA2 onPC software but you won't be able to control MADRIX remotely.

The explained behavior is a Windows Operating System based behavior neither MADRIX nor MA can't change it.
Galo77

Post by Galo77 »

Got it, thanks Guertler