RGBW mapping

Alchmadrix

RGBW mapping

Post by Alchmadrix »

Hi all,

I’m using generic RGBW pixel lights, but I’m having an issue to get the lights to produce a pure white color. I have already set the color depth to 4 but every time I use the sec -> video feature the white produces a blue hue (RGB mix) instead of a pure White. If I use the fader to manually change the colors of the fixture it does produce the pure white, its only when I use the pixel mapping that it produces a off color white, any help would be much appreciated.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: RGBW mapping

Post by Schulze »

Hi Alchmadrix,

When using the SCE Video effect with RGBW fixtures, please make sure to activate the "RGBW" in the effect settings. If this option is enabled the input will be converted into RGBW. If the option is disabled when using RGBW fixtures, the input will appear darker since the White channel is not used.

Here you will find further information:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/h ... video.html

I hope this helps you!
Alchmadrix

Post by Alchmadrix »

Hello Schulz,

Thanks for the reply.

It kind of seems like the RGBW activation setting is always on? For example if I try to use a red color the light will always have white and red mixed together if I try to do a blue color it will be white and blue mixed. How can I get the light to produce a pure color without the interference of white added?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Alchmadrix,

Are you still referring to the SCE Video effect or another one?
Alchmadrix

Post by Alchmadrix »

Hi Schulze,

Yes still referring to sce video.

I also have another question. Is there a reason why sometimes madrix program will shut off automatically? Is happened a few times in the past week. Sometimes it shuts off automatically while I’m using the software, other times it may shut off automatically when I left the laptop on overnight.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi Alchmadrix,

Regarding SCE Video:
- If the "RGBW" option has been enabled, MADRIX will simulate the white color channel from the other 3 colors (RGB). That means for each input RGB color of the video a value to the white channel will be added if the option has been enabled. Please note that videos always consist only of RGB color, without white. Therefore the white color needs to be simulated.

Regarding the unexpected shutdown of the MADRIX 5 software:
- Please send us a MADRIX logfile and the used MADRIX setup to info[at]madrix[dot]com to further analyze the issue. To save the logfile please start MADRIX 5 and select "Tools" > "Logfile...", click the button "Save As..." and enter a name for the logfile.

Thanks in advance!