Orion Sensor via Aura

Moderator: MADRIX Team

CoolB

Orion Sensor via Aura

Post by CoolB »

I have 5 capacitive proximity sensors that sense touch in 5 different areas in my installation. When sensor 1 is pressed i would like it to play cue 2 then revert back to cue 1. It works sometimes but not always and I have tried various measure function settings with no real consistency.

I have Orion set to Pin Voltage and limits 0 to 4.0 Volt with a base voltage of 1.9v. When the sensor is activated voltage climbs to 11.2v. Result modifier is set to 1 Channel (8 bit) from value 4 to value 255.

I have Aura Remote event settings as value above 4.

Any ideas or tips and tricks to make this work?

Thank you
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Orion Sensor via Aura

Post by Schulze »

Hi CoolB,

Which MADRIX AURA and MADRIX ORION firmware do you use? You can find this information under "Device Information" for the ORION and for the AURA on the "Information" page.

Are the sensors connected to different ORION pins? Can you share a screenshots of the used AURA and ORION configuration?

There are different possible configurations. You could use the following configuration for the ORION for example:
MADRIX ORION Configuration.png
MADRIX ORION Configuration.png (232.91 KiB) Viewed 10863 times
And for the AURA side:
MADRIX AURA Configuration.png
MADRIX AURA Configuration.png (138.91 KiB) Viewed 10863 times
In my example I used "Digital" as measurement function with a minimum voltage limit of "25% Of V+" and a maximum limit of "100% of V+" and left the "DMX Channel Configuration" at default. That means if the circuit between V+ and Pin 1 is closed, the ORION will send the DMX value 255 to the AURA. On the AURA side I used the Parameter Type "Equal To 1 Channel" with the Parameter Value 255. This way the used Action will be triggered if the AURA receives a DMX value of 255 (basically this works like a wall switch).
CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Hi Schulze.

Orion Firmware is 3.0.7380 (Oct 7 2021 20:18:31)

Aura Firmware is 1.06.7396 (Apr 26 2021 12:55:35)

I just updated both and it seems to be working pretty consistent with the following settings:
Pin 1 1.9 V Digital (Hysteresis Threshold) 25 % Of V+ 75 % Of V+. It did not respond with the settings you gave me, but it got me on the right track I think.

Now is there a way to get it to hold on cue 2 until button is released? Would I set to equal to channel 1 at 0 and then cue back to 1? I will try and see what I can do.

Thank you.
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi CoolB,

This is great to hear! The limits were just an example. There are newer firmware versions available for the MADRIX AURA and ORION:
- MADRIX AURA firmware 1.09.7403
- MADRIX ORION firmware 3.01.7385

Here you can download MADRIX 5.4f, which includes the latest firmwares:
https://www.madrix.com/download/MADRIX_Full_Install.exe

"Now is there a way to get it to hold on cue 2 until button is released?"
- Yes of course! My recommendation would be to set up a second Remote Event for the MADRIX AURA. This event should have the same eDMX Port and Channel, but a Paremeter Value of 0:
MADRIX AURA Remote Event Configuration.png
MADRIX AURA Remote Event Configuration.png (140.9 KiB) Viewed 10787 times
- In the Cue List I would set both Cues to be played back "Endless" without a Follow Cue (None):
MADRIX AURA Cue List Configuration.png
MADRIX AURA Cue List Configuration.png (92.42 KiB) Viewed 10787 times
I hope this helps you.
CoolB

Post by CoolB »

Yes that is exactly what I did and it worked out great! Thanks for the support from you and Josh and I'm on to the next project. Keep on Madrixing!!!

Cheers