Output preview screen brightness

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

djtoast

Output preview screen brightness

Post by djtoast »

Hi. We use a few universes of pixels directly above a dance floor in one club. In order for it to stay quite dark in the room, most of the effects are turned to about 50% in the actual effect, and we mostly stay at about 5% or 10% on the master fader. (A few of the strobe type ones go much brighter, but most of the night the effects are quite dim). It looks great in the club, but it can be very hard to see anything on the computer screen — maybe i'm the only one in this situation but I'd love to have an option where the output preview ignored the master fader so i could still see the output on the screen even when it's at a very low level, rather than just a big black square!
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: Output preview screen brightness

Post by Wissmann »

Hi, thank you very much for your request.
We will take it to our list and will discuss which solution match best to this request.
But like you describe your situation i think there is allready a solution.
Use the MADRIX Fixture Editor and duplicate the fixture type you use where you limit the maximum DMX value of the color channels.
With this your master can be 100% but the real led fixture will only run on your maximum value (for example 50%).
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)