Colour Overlay

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

Basvantuijl

Colour Overlay

Post by Basvantuijl »

Hi,

I've had a good look around Madrix and on the Forum but had no luck, so i'm assuming this option doesn't exist yet!

We have some sort of Madrix product installed in over 20 or so sites and one request which comes back time and time again is to be able to easily overlay a colour over an effect (i.e change whatever effect it is to a single colour).

So, say they've got tubes with a M2L colour change, they would like to be able to overlay Blue or Red over the effect, so that the whole effect turns blue or red.

To this point we've been using the output colour filter but unfortunately this means you lose half of the effect as it only allows that particular colour through, omitting the rest.

We are using HTTP remote control to provide the client with a simplified control system, so there is no option for them to add extra coloured layers within the storage places and switch between them.

Is there any way of making this work? if not, is this a feature which could be added?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Colour Overlay

Post by Guertler »

Hello Basvantuijl,
Thank you for the input.
At the moment there is no overlay function in MADRIX available.
But I think there are 2 workarounds to get your desired overlay working. Of course you have to adjust your created HTTP user interface in both cases.
Possibility 1: You are using additional layers with the desired colors in every effect. All additional layers have an opacity of 0%. When the custmer click/press the assigned button of one of the color overlays the opacity of this effects jumps to 100%. After he releases the button the HTTP user interface must send a command that the layer opacity must be 0%.
Possibility 2: You are creating some new effects which are contains of "SCE Color" effect and assign every effect another color. Now when the client click/press the desired overly button on the HTTP user interface MADRIX will jump to the desired storage place. After he releases the button you have to send an HTTP command that MADRIX jumps back to the old storage place.
Basvantuijl

Post by Basvantuijl »

Hi Guertler,

Thanks for your response.

Option 1 sounds like it might be fairly simple to do.

We have 4 colour buttons plus an 'all colour' (which will just pass through the M2L Colour change).

If i create 4 layers for each effect, (red,green,blue,yellow), and set them all to 0. I should be able to change the overlay colour by programming the buttons to set the opacity of the corresponding layer to 100% and the rest to 0. I have the ability to run a series of commands from one button press, so this should be achievable.

I will give this a try. Thanks for your help!
Basvantuijl

Post by Basvantuijl »

Hi,

Still same problem, even with the work around. I have several effects which already have 2 or 3 layers. If i put a 'Color' layer at the end, I can't make it overlay all the others so that they all come through as the same colour.

I can only 'Mask' which appears to give me the same results as using the main output colour filter.

Kind regards,

Bas
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello Basvantuijl,
I think I misunderstood you a bit in my last post...
What you want to have is that MADRIX is playing a desired colorful effect and after you press the desired button on the HTTP device the whole effect should be displayed in the choosen color. Is this correct?
To solve this you have to create well thought through effects with more layers.
The MADRIX effect on the first layer will be created in white.
On the second layer you have to create your desired colorful MADRIX effect and you select a mix mode to combine the two effects.
On the following layers you have to create the MADRIX effects with the desired single colors and mix it also with the first layer.
Now you have to enable the "Blind" function for all these one color layers in the normal run of the effect. If you want now to flash the effect in a desired single color you have to disable the "Blind" for the single color layer and enable the "Blind" for the colorful layer via HTTP command.
If you are using single layer effects you can work with the MADRIX "Effect Parameter Chaser" and use the effect as a color stack. That means on the first step you create the settings for the colorful effect and on the next steps you create the settings for the single colors. Now you can choose the desired chaser step via HTTP to change the color of the MADRIX effect.