Allow bitmap import to Patch Editor Please!

This is the forum, where you can add your wishes and feature requests.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

ChrisCotton

Allow bitmap import to Patch Editor Please!

Post by ChrisCotton »

I find myself working with patchmaps a lot more, I need to trace and outline stuff now, especially large sharp text graphics and equipment images. Presently printing to paper and then cutting away everything else only to tape it over the patch editor on the monitor for outining... If I could import a scalable / stretchable bitmap - just as a guide for the patch for tracing... Hey! just one more (excellent) feature for a first class program

Thanks

BTW, calling a seamless patch change from the cuelist would be a real feature as well
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: Allow bitmap import to Patch Editor Please!

Post by Guertler »

Hello ChrisCotton,
Thank you for your input. We will take the wish to your MADRIX feature wishlist.
But can you explain your wishes a bit more:
The image you want to use in the background of the Patch Editor that you can create your patch according to the real installation. Is that correct?
Why do you need a seemless change of the patch?
Because at the moment you could create a bigger patch with all desired fixtures and then working with the Map option in MADRIX to resize and change the position of the MADRIX effects. So you would be able to have different effects on different parts of the patch.
ChrisCotton

Post by ChrisCotton »

Thanks for responding so quickly.
Initially, my need is to trace text outlines for display on rear screens, for instance changing the entire display into the Artist's Icon. Freehand patching could be easier by having essentially a trace paper laid over the patch editor screen, which is how I'm doing it now, but as the system grows in size over time, it would be easier if I could import, stretch and shape images for reassignment of the patch. presently it is difficult to assign the active areas away from the top edge. I could achieve essentially the same goal if the patch area could be moved in all directions. Overlay of movie playback without the Matrix function only yields the upper corner of an unresized image. I need to trace letters because the active area can't be lowered away from Y+.
Switching patches on the fly is for seeking this same solution.

Thanks again
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello ChrisCotton,
Thank you for all your explanation.
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi Chris,
Another option that might be worth looking into, is the Main Output Macro.
What I have also done personally, is to use the 'int ImportPatch(string file)' function in combination with 'int GetStorage(int storage)' (or even 'void GetStoragePlace(int storage)') to switch Patches, when a different Storage bank is used.
The main disadvantage is that loading the Patch may take a short period of time in which no output to the LEDs might be available, since the fixtures and their configuration are basically swapped out from under MADRIX.
Thanks.
ChrisCotton

Post by ChrisCotton »

Very cool, I will give that a shot immediatly
The more I learn about the scripting, the more capabilities appear.
This is Great