alpha channel and video

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

rko

alpha channel and video

Post by rko »

Hello there

I'm trying to use an alpha channel on my video (transparent channel, named A in RGBA)
I tried different format but never work. Do you have any idea of how to do this ?

thanks
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: alpha channel and video

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

I can check next week if MADRIX supports videos with alpha channel.

However, I would assume that this mainly depends on the video codec. Which codecs did you try already?

I would recommend to try an internet search to find a video codec that supports the alpha channel.

And we will check the possibilities of MADRIX. Please wait for my next post. Thank you very much!
rko

Post by rko »

Thanks for you r reply

I tested QT animation 32 bits (including alpha) and it doesn't load into madrix (got an error message)
I tested AVI 32bits without compression and madrix load the file but ignores the alpha channel, looks that is a limitation of madrix.
I reed the manual about the RGBW to undestand what the W means, schould be Alpha, but I didn't undestood what is for ....
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Post by Fritzsche »

RGBW and RGBA are two different things.

RGBW = Red, Green, Blue, White
RGBA = Red, Green, Blue, Alpha
RGBWA = Red, Green, Blue, White, Amber

So these are different ways on how to mix colors. RGBW is quite common in the world of LED products and simply adds a white channel to the usual 3 RGB channels. RGBWA uses a total of 5 channels and adds amber to get warmer colors.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Alpha channels in Video currently are not supported by MADRIX.
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)