Flash Effects

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

nmiller0113

Flash Effects

Post by nmiller0113 »

I was doing some searching and didn't find the answer that I could tell would fit my need. What I'd like to be able to do is Flash an effect, like ALL WHITE then fade for 1/2 second back to the previous effect position. So if I was on position A it would flash position B for 1/2 second that be automatically back to position A. So I can manually accent parts of a song.

I did see something about pressing B and then pressing A again in a previous post, but 1) that wouldn't really give me the 1/2 fade back I'm looking for and 2) if I wanted it to be quick, even without a fade, I'd have to be really fast on the mouse pressing B and then A again quickly.

Until the feature is available to do it the way I mentioned in the first paragraph, I could probably go without the fade by using a hotkey for the fader to automatically move immediately from A to B and back again to A. Using a single key to do this would be ideal but even two keys would work like pressing A to trigger A and B to trigger B. Then I could just press B, when I'm on A, and then press A to immediately move it back to A. I tried this but it doesn't seem to be an available option?

I've been able to accomplish this for now, without the 1/2 fadeback, using the blind button and the effect I want, but then I have to layer every effect with this and it may not always be the same effect I want to flash, so I'd be changing the layer all the time. A bit more tedious but it does work.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or ideas here? Am I missing something? Did my explanation even make sense? :) Thanks to everyone for their input!

Nathan
Fritzsche
Support
Support

Re: Flash Effects

Post by Fritzsche »

Hi!

That is certainly an interesting topic and I'd like to provide some quick suggestions:

- Reduce the Fade Time of the Crossfader to reduce the automatic fade duration between A and B. Or directly click on A or B to immediately change the side.
- Use a MIDI controller, because when you use direct button control you can be very, very quick changing from A to B. I can see how using the mouse can be too slow. A keyboard shortcut is not available for something like this.
- Try MADRIX 3.0. There is a new Layer View, which allows you to Flash. You can learn more here: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... #layerview
- Try MADRIX 3.0 and use the new Main Output Strobe. This will allow you to strobe as much as you like. Learn more here: http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/h ... tml#strobe

What do you think?