How to set up the back up system

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

tn_khoa

How to set up the back up system

Post by tn_khoa »

Dear all,

I want to setup the back up system with 1 key Madrix pro, 2 computer, one switch, and one DMX devise. After I setup master and slave, which computer turn on the Madrix first, and the Madrix key plug on the master or slave computer.

Tks for your support,

khoatn@
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: How to set up the back up system

Post by Guertler »

Hello tn_khoa,
If you want to use the MADRIX "Backup System" you will need two computers with the same MADRIX version and on each computer you have to plug a MADRIX key.
It is not possible to share one MADRIX key for Master and Slave.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.
tn_khoa

Post by tn_khoa »

Dear Guertler,

In case we have two Madrix key, but i don't know which computer will be start first? pleased guide me clearly.

Sorry I 'm a newbie, and will ask you alot of simple problem.

Tks for ypur support.
Guertler
Support
Support

Post by Guertler »

Hello tn_khoa,
You can use the MADRIX Backup System to synchronize the Cuelist of several MADRIX PC's or to use it as standard backup. That means when one pc goes off the other pc takes the output of his actual storage place.
To setup the MADRIX Backup System with Cuelist you have to create a Cuelist on both computers. Then open the "Backup System", click "On" to enable the backup system and then select the desired ip address for the backup system.
Now MADRIX is searching available MADRIX PC's.
If MADRIX found other MADRIX on several computers you have to set which one is the master and which one is the slave. Therefor open the Backup System window of a slave, select the desired master in the list and click "Change Master". In the next step you have the possibility to enable the "Receive Sync Command from Master".
If you will start the cuelist of the master, the slave will synchronized and if the master computer goes off the slave computer takes the output.
If you want to use it without a Cuelist you have only to enable the MADRIX Backup System, choose the desired ip address and choose the master as described above.
In the following link you can learn more about the MADRIX Backup System.
http://help.madrix.com/m3/html/madrix/i ... n_dlg.html
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again!
Thank you.